Saturday, January 8, 2011

Let the Adventure begin...

Hey all,
Reporting from:
Apartment 206
Niland House
Merchants Road
Galway Ireland

So incredibly exciting. Everything is so new. I feel/am a freshman again – getting to know a new city, learning how classes are structured, finding friends.
Our house is absolutely amazing. 7 girls live in the house. I share a bathroom with 2 other girls. The key is that I have my own room!! I got here last and people had already taken the upstairs rooms (which are better but hellloooo I get my own room!) The ultimate best part is the balcony and view out the window. We look out onto the harbor. And we all know Nora’s favorite thing in life is views! 
I haven’t explored a lot yet but I know I’ll love the town. For now I’m going to explore campus so I don’t look like a chicken with its head cut off on the first day of classes. The campus is beautiful with lots of greenery versus the urban feel of MU.
So far I’ve made one Irish friend. The bus driver from Dublin to Galway. He was so excited to introduce me to his country. It was just a great chat.
Classes start Monday. But for 2 weeks we attend a bunch of classes and then decide after what we want to take. So I’ll update you once I know for sure.
Enjoy the pictures. One is some of my roommates on campus at NUI Galway. And the other is me on the balcony out the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment