Friday, January 14, 2011

Welcome to the Real World

Experiencing all the gorgeous architecture, new shops, new accents, new people makes everyday exciting. I'm learning so much about Ireland and the culture. That most definitely is wonderful. But in addition to embracing my new surroundings I've had to learn how to live on my own in an



apartment without a cafeteria downstairs. Marquette and dorm living has spoiled me. Being able to walk downstairs and have a huge meal for free is such a luxury! So a huge part of the adjustment in being here has been having to be responsible for feeding myself. HA. It's much easier than being responsible for 30 freshman girls but will still require a lot of learning.

So when I'm not eating I'm exploring! Today we went to Salthill which is a town just north of Galway. We walked along the coast. It was so breath taking!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Nora! Learning how to cook in the land of your grandmothers... or great grandmothers. Anyhow, I am so excited for you. you can peel some potatoes, boil 'em with a little bit of salt till fork easily comes in, drain, butter-sour cream on top, plus "my" salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, salt, pepper, herbs), slice of ham or some bacon - huh? Hungry yet? ))) Steve says hi.

    ReplyDelete