Thursday, February 3, 2011

Academia

Well I figured some may be interested in knowing how I spend my school days. I have class Monday through Thursday. Only twice a week do I have early morning classes. I am taking 5 classes.

Psychology, Society, and Human Values – basically an ethics course tied to psychology

Clinical, Forensic, and Abnormal Psychology – how to treat patients, the legal process surrounding cases that have people with disabilities, and explanation of disorders

Contemporary Literature – reading books that have been banned. This is probably my favorite course because all the novels have been great so far. A Clockwork Orange, Third Policeman, Lady Chatterlys Lover, Lolita

Two Ireland in the 20th Century – history of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and how they came to be separated

Approaches to Women’s History – women’s role in Europe in the eighteenth century, it is a seminar course so there are only 12 people in the class so there is good discussion. I have to give a presentation and debate someone on the issue of whether or not educational reforms of the nineteenth century benefited only girls from middle and upper class backgrounds

I'm really enjoying all of them. The workload is definetly less than at MU which is great.

Here is a photo of me being a tourist in Galway at the Spanish Arch.

No comments:

Post a Comment