Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cobeen Comes to Galway

Cobeen Hall is the all women's freshman dorm where I work as a Resident Assistant. One of my residents from last year is a sophomore now studying abroad in Dublin. She came to Galway for the weekend with her program. We met up at The Quays, pronounced “keys,” which is one of my favorite pubs because there is live music every night.

It was memorable time. Just last year I was "in charge" of making sure she was doing ok in her freshman year transition. In addition, enforcing the drinking rules of the dorms. And here we were having a pint and a chat. It's just one of many it's a small world interactions I'll be having on this trip and I love it!

A photo of us at the Quays. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Nora, just catching up with your blog. What a wonderful opportunity you have in front of you and all around you. Your mother and I had tea this afternoon at Sub-Urban and we caught up after a 4-week hiatus. I was thrilled to hear about your adventures, this weekeknd in London and various other excursions. It may be Marquette-light but it is certainly life-heavy. You are doing what all US college students should get to do. Your mom said you may go to Prague. I was there just after the velvet revolution. It was beautiful then and probably moreso now. I made the acquaintance of a translator who was the best I ever experienced. she could simultaneously translate from Czech to English (and back again) as fast as you or i could speak, and she could participate in the content of the conversation as well, if she chose. All this she learned while under the thumb of the totalitarian ruler of then-Czechoslovakia. Have fun. You will be a wonderful diplomat for the USA. Love, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete