Wednesday, February 16, 2011

London

This past weekend I visited my friend from high school, Killian, in the most diverse city in the world. I absolutely love London. The diversity, beautiful architecture, amazing transit system, and never ending history makes for a magnificent city! We packed a lot in to two days. I only have photos of day 1 because I failed to bring my camera charger – good job Nora.

Killian lives in Regents Park which is a swanky affluent neighborhood. She lives in international student housing. The location was ideal for getting around the city. We ate delicious English classics on Marylebone Avenue a street lined with restaurants and boutiques adjacent to Killian's house. A massive English breakfast with ham, eggs, bacon, mushrooms, and toast. And for dinner fish and chips. So good.

On Friday we went to Parliament and visited Westminster Abbey. I took a couple of illegal photos from the Abbey. Enjoy. Then we walked along the South Bank to the Tate Modern museum. Went across the Millennium Bridge towards St. Paul’s Cathedral. Met my Irish cousin Sean at a pub in Vauxhall. He now lives in London and I hadn’t seen him since I was 7 years old. Then we headed to Trafalgar Square to meet some of Killian’s friends for dinner.

On Saturday we went to Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, and Kensington Palace. Then we headed to the Notting Hill neighborhood where every Saturday there is a market on Portobello Road. It stretched for 2 miles filled with food, antiques, knick knacks, art, jewelry, and so much more!

It was an incredible two days. I will be back again no doubt about it. Cheerio for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment