Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dublin for the Day

Yesterday a bunch of us went to Dublin for the day. It’s only a 3 hour bus ride one way from Galway so it’s a quick trip. We spent the day wandering the streets stumbling upon various places. We were the ultimate tourists with a map out couple of blocks. And it was the most clear, bright day since I’ve been in Ireland. The day included walking along the quays, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and the Guinness Brewery tour.

I love Dublin but I’m glad to be in Galway because it’s a more authentic small town feel and lower cost of living. I walk down the street in Galway and usually see someone I know where is a big city I wouldn’t experience that on a daily basis. Although a city girl at heart I’m enjoying the relaxed atmosphere of this Irish town.

No comments:

Post a Comment